The original 9 holes were designed and built in 1914 by local golf enthusiasts who identified Ogden as a premier location for Ogden Golf and Country Club. With Ben Lomond and Mt. Ogden as the mountain backdrop, they couldn’t go wrong.
Ernie Schneiter Sr., the golf professional for 19 years, designed the current front nine holes which were added to the course in 1948.
Jon Garner (member of ASGCA) led the design improvements in 2004 ranging from additional irrigation, fairway strategy, improving bunkers on the fairways and redesigning the bunkers around the greens. The goal during the renovation was to maintain and improve on the classic “old style” golf course.
Current Head Golf Professional Craig Sarlo and Golf Course Superintendent Greg Gilmore (recipient of Superintendent, Private Facility Category award 2009-2010 by Utah Section PGA Awards Committee) team up to make a formidable golf operations team!